Thank you for your interest! We are excited for you to join our fabulous team of volunteers and as you can see we have many opportunities!
- Must be 14 years of age or older (no horse experience required).
- Must go through volunteer training on your first day.
- Must be able to walk and jog on uneven ground throughout a 30 minute lesson.
- Must be able to commit to a regular weekly schedule, for a minimum of 7 weeks.
How to get started:
- Download and complete our Volunteer Application/Release and Background Screening Form . If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a parent or guardian sign all sections. Please indicate which day(s) are generally best for you to volunteer.
Please email form to Rachel Bloom, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to the following address:
Xenophon Therapeutic Riding Center
P.O. Box 16
Orinda, CA 94563
- Once we have received your form our Volunteer Coordinator will get in touch with you when/as new volunteer openings arise throughout our season.
Volunteer dependability is essential for running our program smoothly. We ask our volunteers for a weekly commitment to provide consistency for our riders.
Our lesson schedule:
Monday – Thursday afternoons (Therapeutic Riding + Hippotherapy):
- Lesson times 3:00pm, 3:45pm, 4:30pm and 5:15pm with 15 minute breaks in between.
- Volunteer shifts are from 2:15 – 6:15pm to help with set-up and take down before/after lessons.
- Volunteering the full 4 hour shift is preferred. If you cannot commit to a full volunteer shift please contact our volunteer coordinator, Lindsay, for other options.
Saturday mornings (Therapeutic Riding):
- Lesson times 8:45am, 9:30am, 10:15am and 11:00am with 15 minute break in between.
- Volunteer shift is from 8:15 – 11:45am to help with set-up and take down before/after lessons
- Volunteering the full 3.5 hour shift is preferred. If you cannot commit to a full volunteer shift please contact our volunteer coordinator, Lindsay, for other options.
Thursday mornings (Bridle Path To Success [ground work]):
- Lesson time: 10:30 am – 12:30pm
- Volunteer shift is from 10:00 am – 12:45pm to help with set-up and take down before/after lesson
- Volunteering the full 2.75 hour shift is required.